Summer Holidays: Packing & Outfits

I feel like we're well and truly in the peak of Summer now. Lots of people have already jetted off on their holidays, and mine are just around the corner. Less than 24 hours now until my first holiday of the year, and I cannot wait for it and all the content I'm going to produce for you. As I am slowly but surely preparing for my holiday, which is a mixture of a city break and a beach break, I thought I would show you how I pack for it. And I've also chucked in a few outfit ideas! I am an organised person, especially when it comes down to holiday packing, so I am quite set in my ways. There are definitely some lists involved... Hopefully this post will provide you with some helpful tips and tricks to make the packing process that little bit easier and quicker.


My first major tip has to be to write out a couple of lists. I cannot possibly organise myself without writing a list, and packing is no exception. Some people may see this as quite excessive, but as I said I'm an organised person and like to keep my mind at ease as I always feel I leave the house forgetting something. So firstly, as I pack I write a list of everything I am putting into my suitcase. Obviously you don't need to include every single detail of every item, for example I would put 5 tops or 5 bikinis, so it doesn't take you too long. Once I have finished this list I like to pop it in my travel hand luggage so if anything were to happen to my suitcase (god forbid) I would know exactly the contents of it. It's also the most helpful thing when you're packing to come back home as it means you are very unlikely to leave something behind! Once I've finished packing everything I can into my case, I then create another list of all the items I still need to add, usually toiletries and chargers for example. So when I'm almost ready to leave I can check I have all those last minute, important items with me! As I'm writing this I can definitely see how most people will think this is ridiculous, but if you're as paranoid as me about forgetting things then I promise this will be a lifesaver!


So let's talk about the actual contents of the suitcase... I am definitely an over-packer, which I am sure most people are. I always buy way too many holiday clothes and think I have the time to wear them all (I don't). This year I have decided I need to be much more strict with myself, especially as 2/3 of my holidays I am sharing a case! Therefore, I think the most important rule to stick by is, does the item have a purpose? Make sure that you pack full outfits so when you're away you're stress free. Everything you pack needs to have a reason for being there, don't just pack a pair of shoes because you love them but they don't actually go with anything. Hopefully the warm weather will stick in England for the rest of the Summer and we'll be able to wear some of our holiday clothes here! Moral of the story: be strict and pack what you know you will wear.

Now for the packing process. So many people always recommend rolling your clothes, which I definitely do for my most likely to crease items. I do think it's a good way to pack, however after my lovely Grandma purchased some packing cubes for me I have changed my mind. I use each different sized packing cube for a different type of item. So, the biggest cube has my dresses and jumpsuits and the smallest has my bikinis. These are amazing for really flat packing your clothes in. You can fit so much in each cube and it keeps your case very tidy. I always find as soon as I get to my hotel, I hunt for one item and then my whole suitcase is tipped upside down. These are amazing because you can just simply pull the cube out of your case and get the item out, without making any mess! Something I always do to save space is fill my shoes with socks. I find shoes take up most of the space in my luggage, and this is the best way to fill in all the gaps.


I have a few extra little tips which I find particularly helpful, the first being to take one outfit, pair of shoes (usually sandals), a bikini and some underwear in your hand luggage bag, just incase you're stuck without your main suitcase for a couple of days. In terms of fashion tips, bring shoes that you know go with most outfits. Bring a wide selection of underwear, especially nude. Bring a good range of accessories that you can use to brighten up outfits. Even in the Summer I love to wear monochrome, so it's great to bring a bright clutch or some stand-out earrings to make your outfit that little bit more Summery.


Earrings - Here

So, I have shared all my tried and tested packing tips with you. Some of which I hope you find helpful! Here are a few outfits I have put together to give you some holiday shopping inspiration...

Outfit 1: Beach Day


Sandals - Similar Here
Swimsuit - New Look In-store, similar Here

Outfit 2: Daytime


Shorts - Here
Shoes - Here
Top - Here

Outfit 3: Evening Attire


Bodysuit - Here
Trousers - Mango In-store
Wedges - Here - Advise sizing up
Clutch - Here

I hope you enjoyed reading this post, I know it's quite lengthy and covers a few different topics. Hopefully you can use some of my packing tips and take some inspiration from the outfits I have pulled together. I can't wait to get away and take some proper outfit photos in them all... So keep an eye out on my Instagram and Blog for new content whilst I'm away. Happy travels to anyone else about to depart on their Summer holidays!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig