The Flared Sleeve Trend

When it comes to my personal style I like to keep things quite minimalistic. I like to focus on smaller details within garments, rather than bright, bold prints. So when the flared sleeve trend came around, I knew that I would love it. It's the perfect balance between simplicity and eccentricity, allowing me to add something new to my wardrobe without deviating from my usual style. Over the past few months I have picked up a few different variations of the trend, some understated and some more dramatic. One of the best things about the flared sleeve is that you can find it in so many different forms, there is certainly a flared sleeve garment out there for everyone!

I've picked out two of my current favourite flared sleeve jumpers, that I believe are perfect for the current not so Spring-like weather. You may even see a bit of colour, which is a rare sighting for me!


Jumper Here
1.
This jumper couldn't be more up my street. It's black, v-neck and features a tiered, frill sleeve detail that adds that extra bit of fun to a rather basic jumper. I love that this jumper goes with absolutely everything, and is an easy way of seeming like you've made more effort than you have! It is definitely a forgiving jumper and sizes up quite generously. If you're in between sizes I would recommend going for the smaller of the two. Lucky for you this jumper is now in the sale, however is sold out on the brands website. But I have managed to track it down for you on Zalando. To me this is an obvious wardrobe staple.


Jumper Here
2.
So this jumper is a bit out of my comfort zone, being that it is lilac. As I said, I rarely wear brighter colours, which is something I am trying to change, so I thought this jumper would be a good place to start. I found this whilst browsing on ASOS (a regular occurrence) and fell in love with the crochet detail and thought the colour would be perfect for Spring. This jumper completely perks up an outfit, and looks great against darker colours. It has definitely made me want to try out colour more often. The only downside to the garment is that for a tight fitting jumper, there is quite a lot of excess fabric, especially for someone with a short torso like me. So unfortunately it does wrinkle when on, which you may have noticed from the picture above. But other than that, I absolutely love this jumper! I think it's a colour that will suit most skin-tones and the crotchet is just so pretty. If you're like me and a bit scared of wearing brighter colours, then this is the ideal garment to help you transition.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig