Denim Must-haves


Recently I've found myself gravitating towards denim and blue in general, leading me to naturally update the denim items in my wardrobe. I've always been a jeans girl, but sometimes I find it difficult to move away from black. Denim seems to be a huge trend in shops at the moment, especially the denim jacket (which I haven't owned since I was about 12!). New jeans and a denim jacket specifically have been on my shopping list for a few weeks now, so I thought it was about time I made some new purchases! 

The Jeans


The most obvious and easiest denim item to wear, of course is jeans. I love jeans and wear them 24/7, however I usually find it almost impossible to find a pair that fit me perfectly. The jeans featured on the left of the above images are from Topshop (as you may have noticed). They are your typical high-waisted medium wash jean, in their Jamie style. Topshop are a pretty reliable brand to buy jeans from, but this is the first time I have tried the Jamie style. One tip is to go slightly longer on the leg if you want them to be full-length, as they are an ankle grazer. 

The pair on the right are from Zara. Zara has always been a brand I love, but I would never manage to find a pair of jeans due to their typical mismatch in sizing! However, recently Zara jeans seem to be working wonders for me! I have to admit I still have to try on about 20 different pairs before I find some that fit, but when I find that pair they're pretty good. 


I particularly love these Zara jeans because of the light, mixed wash and the distressed hem. They also feature some rips on the knee and thigh, but this is quite minimal. These are the perfect pair of Summer jeans in my eyes! 

The Denim Jacket


This is the dream denim jacket! It is slightly cropped (falls about hip length), in a medium wash which I find is the easiest shade if you want to brave the double denim look. This jacket goes with everything and is especially flattering, I am super glad this trend is back! It is quite generous in size, I went for a size 8 and I usually am between 8-10. This is definitely the jacket to carry you through the warmer months!

The Bardot


The dress version of the top is available here 

Now I know this doesn't 100% count as denim, but Lyocell is a fabric I am loving at the moment and looks very much like denim. I couldn't resist this top when I saw it. Anyone that knows me, knows I love a bardot top. So when I saw this beautiful blue, embroidered one I had to have it! I can't wait to wear it with white jeans when it finally gets warmer.

They say 'In the right denim a girl can conquer the world', and I think I've found the perfect denim items!


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig