The Makeup Products I Can't Leave The House Without...


I am most definitely one of those people that always has everything you could possibly need on them. It's safe to say, I don't travel lightly. Even on a daily basis I like to keep my bag full of all my necessities, most of which people probably wouldn't consider a necessity! One thing I will never leave the house without is my makeup bag, containing my favourite products that I use to top up my face throughout the day. I am 100% not a morning person, so most of the products I bring with me are helpful in making me look a lot less tired than I am. Below are five of my most used products that I would recommend to anyone...


Maybelline Concealer

So, I guess we'll start with the base. I find this concealer particularly amazing under the eyes. I use it every single day, it's pretty lightweight and very creamy but I don't find it makes my makeup transfer. I don't always need to re-touch it as I find it lasts well, however if I have had a late night/early morning I do sometimes just pop a bit extra on later in the day. Originally I thought I would hate the sponge applicator, but it's actually really handy and distributes a good amount of product. However, it definitely gets grubby very quickly! I've had this current one for around 2-3 months, and considering I use it every day, it lasts pretty well. I use the shade Light to keep everything looking bright.


NYX Powder

Since Boots in Winchester have started stocking NYX (happy days!), I've found myself trying out quite a lot of their products. And I have to say, so far my favourites have been from the powder department. I don't have really oily skin, but I do get oily in my T-zone. So, I always like to set my makeup with powder and usually apply it a couple more times throughout the day to keep my shine at bay. This powder is really good, but I do actually prefer the NYX Professional Makeup Studio Finishing Powder in translucent, as I find this tends to last a bit longer on my skin. Both great powders that work well for me, and are a very reasonable price. I use the shade Banana in this powder.


Nars Bronzer

I bought this bronzer a while back after hearing lots of good things about it. It is a really good shade to carry you through the seasons, however does become a little light for me in the Summer. I wouldn't use this as a contouring bronzer, it's just good for a general bronze. It's a lovely, natural shade and never leaves me patchy. For some reason I always find cheaper bronzers start to go patchy on me if I wear them for a long period of time. So for me it's always worth spending a bit more on a bronzer, and this one does everything I need it to do! I use the shade Laguna, however it does come in darker shades.


KIKO Eyeliner

Now let's talk about KIKO, one of my favourite makeup brands that is just so unbelievably cheap! I've tried a lot of their products and so far don't believe I have come across one I haven't liked. This eyeliner is the perfect shade for using in the inner corner of your eyes. I apply it every day to brighten and lift my eyes, and make me appear much more awake than I am. It's the perfect product to reapply in the day if you find you're looking a bit sleepy. This eyeliner is in the shade 800, I cannot find it online but you may be able to ask for it in store. There are similar shades here.


KIKO Lipstick

This lipstick is also from KIKO. I have used this exact shade and formula for a few years now, and I just can't seem to stray from it. I'm always trying to experiment with different lipstick shades, but every day I seem to just drift back to this one. It is my perfect nude. It is a darker nude, slightly more brown with rose undertones and a very subtle shimmer. This is in the shade 404, don't be fooled by the website, it looks very different on there. I am completely obsessed with this lipstick, and still cannot believe it is only £3.95! It is very much a creamy formula, which I love because my lips get dry very easily (matte lipsticks are a no-go for me). Even though it is creamy, I find it lasts really well. It of course wears off, but always leaves a nice stain to the lips. Everyone needs to get their hands on this lipstick!

So, those are all my makeup staples that I always have to have on me. It may seem a bit excessive to some people, but I always like to be prepared! All of them are great products that I believe would suit most people, but if I had to recommend one for sure it would have to be my KIKO lipstick.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig