Rome Lookbook

If you've read my previous blog post, you will know that I recently visited the beautiful city of Rome. In that post you will have found lots of photos of all the amazing scenery, but this post is all about what I wore whilst there. The sun may have disappeared in England, but hopefully I can still give you some inspiration for upcoming holidays, whether they are this year or next.

Outfit 1


The main aim was to keep cool at all times, and this playsuit did just that. I purchased this last year from Bershka, so unfortunately it isn't current season. But over the Summer, there are lots of brands that produce similar items. There was actually one from Bershka this year which I loved (but couldn't justify), which was along the same wavelengh. I paired the playsuit with my lovely Topshop silver clutch, which seems to be constantly in and out of stock online. However you can find it in other colours here. I love this bag. The size is perfect, it fits a lot in it, more than you would expect and it literally goes with everything! I don't know how I've lived without a silver clutch for so long.

Outfit 2


This was my monochrome outfit of the holiday, paired with my amazing pink Mango bag for that pop of colour. Most of this outfit consisted of old purchases (sorry!). The shorts are River Island, in general I am a big lover of their fabric shorts. The sandals were Topshop last year, they are pretty basic so you probably wouldn't struggle to find something similar. Of course the most important part of this outfit is the Mango bag, which unfortunately sold out so quickly. Keep an eye out though, Mango have been doing some amazing bags recently!

Outfit 3


I bought this playsuit from River Island quite a few months ago. I saw it and loved it, and knew that it was one of those that probably wouldn't stay in stock for long. And I was right. It's the perfect garment if you like to still keep your arms covered in the warm weather, as the sleeves were so light and floaty. I've managed to track down the same playsuit in a different print, which is much more suitable for the A/W, however there are only limited sizes. I once again paired this with my beloved silver clutch bag. I added my trusty Kurt Geiger block heel sandals, which are super comfortable. They are the perfect shoe for when you just want to add that little bit of extra height. And you can still easily walk down the cobbled streets!

Outfit 4


I purchased this playsuit very last minute from Pull & Bear, with it being so cheap I wasn't expecting much, but ended up loving it. It is such a flattering wrap shape, and even though it was black I still felt nice and cool in it. It was perfect for wondering around Rome in. A new addition to my sunglass collection, are these Ray-Ban Aviators which I am slightly obsessed with. I love that they are a gunmetal frame, so you can get away with wearing them with silver or gold accessories. They may well replace my well-loved Topshop aviators!

Outfit 5


My final outfit is what I wore on the evening of my 21st Birthday. Of course it was a special occasion, so I had to wear a more special outfit. I found this dress particularly flattering because of the shape, I loved the tiered skirt. It's quite self-portrait inspired, but definitely a lot cheaper! I bought it from Pretty Little Thing, which is somewhere I don't generally shop. Looking at it, it appears pretty good quality. After wearing it, I realised the quality is definitely reflected in the price. When I put the dress on I wasn't sure the zip was even going to do up, it got stuck at the waist band which was very stressful! And after wearing it for several hours, the material started to rub around my neckline. It was a lovely looking dress, so if you believe that 'beauty is pain' then maybe you'll still consider it. My silver clutch made ANOTHER appearance, as well as my amazing silver heels. These heels were such a good price, and I can last hours in them, I would recommend them to anyone.

I hope you love all my outfits as much as I loved wearing them. For a short city break, I definitely wore quite a mixture. From casual to dressy, there was a little bit of everything!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig